Sunday, September 20, 2009

Siding Staining

Saturday, Karen and I both worked at North Memorial from 7:30am - 1pm as we prepare for next week's official launch of our new HR/Payroll/Benefits HRMS system. It was also the All-Church picnic later in the afternoon, which Karen, being the head of the Fellowship Team, is in charge of. I'm on the team by default. Before we were to leave for the picnic, she gave me the option of staying home and staining the front cedar siding instead of going to help with the picnic. It has needed it for a while it was on our fall 'to-do' list. "Seriously?" was my response. Based on where I'm at with a number of things church-related, this was a no-brainer. I stayed home! I started around 2:15pm and stopped at 7 (I was 2/3's done). It was actually really relaxing. I took my time, did a good job and really didn't have to think about whether employees life insurance premiums were going to calculate correctly and get sent to the plan administrator in a proper manor. It was kind of like a vacation!

Of course, the color of the stain we had put on before wasn't available anymore, so we (I) tried to get as close as I could using a 1 inch by 1 inch color swatch in the brochure. Instead of "Redwood", "New Redwood" looked close... Well, not really, but I actually like the color better. It's a little more brown and a little more red than what was on there before. I finished up today. Here are some pics.
Old color

New Color

Middle section was not done yet (it is now!)

1 comment:

  1. I vote for the new color!!! Great job!!!!!!!
    Can I 'borrow' you for awhile? You can go back to MN when I'm done making you work! HA!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete