Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Whiz Bang Days

It was Whiz Bang Days in Robbinsdale a few weekends ago.  We didn't go to any of the festivities except the fireworks show.  They shoot them off just a couple blocks from North Memorial.  AND, since we have access to the parking ramp at North, we were able to enjoy the fireworks from the top of the ramp (7 stories up).  Below are some pictures I shot with the camera I got just before leaving for vacation.  It's a Panasonic FH20.  I wanted something I could shove in my pocket instead of carrying around something that needed to be in a bag that was bigger than a fanny pack, so this is a point and shoot camera.  I think the camera did a pretty good job here.  Maybe a little yellow on the street shots:







A different setting - it didn't take in as much light

Looking Northwest up Bottineau Blvd (County Rd 81) from the top of the ramp





Looking the other way on County Rd 81 
The Minneapolis skyline is in the background

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a budding photographer, I'll take that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jennifer! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Picture #3 is a postcard picture!!! I loved them!!! Keep up the good work! Diane

    ReplyDelete