Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Blow

This is what I got to do at 7:30 this morning.  What were YOU doing?  You will notice that the height of the drift is taller than the top of the front of the snowblower.  Even with a snow blower, it was tough moving this amount of snow because it had been so packed by the wind.  Still, I'm glad I didn't have to hand shovel it!

The drifts in the pictures looked so much taller when I was blowing through them.  They look wimpy here.  They were not...

Local Snow Totals
Shakopee:  21.5"
Red Wing:  20"
Lakeville:  17.4"
St. Louis Park:  15.2" 
Minneapolis (Airport): 17.1"

St. Louis Park is the closest to where we are, so we'll go with 15" at our place.  Tough to tell with 35mph winds whipping it around.  Now for the cold...

3 comments:

  1. your lucky because last year the muffler on out snow blower fell off at the begining of winter, so we had to shovel the drive way the whole time. it was the worst winter for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, Woah, Woah. Now Kelli, yes the muffler fell off. THEN we put it back on. After that you have NO CLUE what happened because you never went out and shoveled/blew the snow but once or twice. The snow blower DID work, but you DID NOT. I rest my case.
    On the other hand, WOW! That's A LOT of snow!! We finally got enough snow this weekend to cover the ground, but most of it just blew around and caused white outs. Yeuch! Hope you guys don't get more, however I won't hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SHOVELED SNOW 10 TIMES MORE THAN YO DID! YOU NEVER STEPED A FOOT OUTSIDE OTHER THAN TO GET INTO THE VAN! SO THERE!

    ReplyDelete