Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Carpet is Coming, The Carpet is Coming!!

FINALLY!!!  The carpet for our basement gets installed tomorrow morning (Monday) starting at 9am.  They MIGHT finish it tomorrow, but it could run into Tuesday.  Also, our cabinet guy is coming back tomorrow night to finish the install of the upper cabinets over the bar.  I halted that install until I finally got confirmation that we did not have to run any more electrical wires for the cabinet lighting.

This was our task list this weekend:
1.  Secure the guts of the light valance above the fireplace that I made (more on that later, maybe).
2.  Cut the holes in the bottom plate of the light valance to exact placement and size.
3.  Measure cut, scribe and sand the front of the light valance so it can be installed after the lighting is put in.
4.  Measure, cut and install the stainless steel inlay for the bar front (more on that later).
5.  Determine if the bag of grout we had in the store room matched the grout already on the floor of the laundry room (we still have to grout the threshold transition into the laundry room, so we needed it to match).  This involved gluing 3 leftover pieces of tile to a wood board and then mixing up some grout out of the mystery bag, grouting the "sample board" and letting it dry.  Yep - it matches.  But the threshold still isn't done...  A task for another day...
6.  Watch parts of a couple Twins games.
7.  Church.  I am now officially an elder-elect after our congregational meeting today!  Elder training coming soon and I'll begin my 3 year term on session in January.
8.  Watch a little of the Vikings game.  We won, but I realized after I was watching it for a bit that I had better things I could be doing that watching gramps throw a football...
9.  Move all tools, machines, electronics and furniture out of the basement family room.
10. Dust baseboards, corners, walls and ceilings.
11. Vacuum the basement floor.
12. Touch up painting on the fireplace wall.
13. Tell my wife how awesome she is (she really is!!)
14. Relax and wait for the transformation of the basement into a true living space in the coarse of 1 day.

Below is a short video I took of the basement as it exists right now (it's about a minute long).  Sorry, no narration.  The video speaks for itself...  Tomorrow - the same thing, with carpet! 

6 comments:

  1. You should title this video "My Basement as Seen Through a Slit in a Cardboard Box." What did you do, film it in 9:16 instead of 16:9?? Is this some new 3D format I haven't heard of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured someone would complain. When I switched my camera to video mode, it went to 16:9 format which didn't give me enough horizontal lines of resolution to get everything I wanted. I panicked and turned the camera 90 degrees, so I guess, yes, that is 9:16. I'll see what I can do to get the next video in a more pleasing format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of blair witch project shooting. I was waiting for some screaming in the background. Maybe that will be in tomorrows film clip! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was AWESOME!!!! Maybe because I didn't know the difference! I enjoyed it and can't wait for tonight's version (WITH CARPET!).
    Yee-haw! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Blair Witch Project too. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... 'Cause it's shot out in the forest and has images of faces with flashlights under their chin standing 2 inches from the camera? You people watch too many movies...

    And what the crap is wrong with BlogSpot's sign in? I sign in and go to the blog and I'm not signed in! Retarded...

    ReplyDelete