Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: Kemps Chocolate Malt Milk

After our review of Kemps Root Beer Milk, we had high hopes for the Chocolate Malt version.  I was expecting kind of a Whopper smoothie.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed.  I WANTED to like it, but I couldn't.  The chocolate flavor was a little heavy, although it was better after I added a little white milk to it.  The malt flavor was, for some reason, too fake.  As with the Root Beer milk, you'd be wise to either enjoy it on its own or be very selective with the foods you eat with it.  My first experience was when I used it as a chaser to my soft shell taco.  BAD IDEA - not a good combination, in my opinion, but Karen said she didn't mind it.  Overall, Karen was less critical of the flavor.  I think my taco/chocolate malt milk combo I tried left a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively).  Go ahead and try it, but you've been warned.  I'll stick to real chocolate malts for now.

Verdict:  Dustin:  1 1/2 stars out of 5.  Karen:  2 1/2 stars out of 5. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Kemps is getting funky with the flavors! This could spiral downward! Peanut butter milk, Banana split milk, Latte milk, . . .Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they'd better stick with regular MILK, which is still Blucky, but even sounds better than this funky flavored "whatever it is"! But, hey, if it works for you---go for it!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete